Last updated: October 27, 2020
Cruise Travel Outlet, Inc.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Preference-Based Advertising, Analytics, and Services
- Collection and Use of Personal Data by Third Parties
- Your Choices About the Use of Your Personal Information
- Cookies Policy
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
- Third Party Linked Sites
- Sole Statement
- Contact Us
1. Information we collect
We collect Personal Data about you when you use our Site(s) or in providing our Services to you. “Personal Data” consists of any information that relates to you and/or information from which you can be identified, directly or indirectly. For example, information which identifies you may consist of your name, address, telephone number, photographs, location data, an online identifier (e.g. cookies identifiers and your IP address) or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- Collection of personal information: We may collect different types of Personal Data: “Technical Information” and “Personal Information.” Your Personal Information, and that of your travel companions, is provided to us either directly by you or through an employer or travel sponsor (as the case may be), in order to provide you with the Services you have requested and typically consists of your full legal name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and credit card number or other payment information. We may also collect other Personal Information in order to assist you with your travel plans, including but not limited to, passport number, driver’s license or other government-issued identification number, date of birth, gender, arrival and departure locations and times, airline, hotel or car rental frequent loyalty numbers, known traveler and global entry number, and other related travel information.
- Collection of technical information: We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. We collect other information “Technical Information”, such as your IP address, search terms, and site pages you visit while on our Site, whenever you visit our Site, use our services, or view our online advertisements. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies and log data.
Whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, certain information is created and retained by the website or application. This happens with our Site as well. We collect Technical Information when you use our Site, or information that has been made anonymous, such as:
- Log data: Our servers automatically record information when you use our Site, such as your IP address, the type of browser you are using and its settings, the third party website you visited immediately prior to accessing our Site, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the search terms you use on our Site, the specific Site pages you visit, type of product selected, the brand, order, and product identifications, and the duration of your visits.
- Cookie data: A “cookie” is data that a website server stores on your computer. Cookies enable websites to recognize your computer and to “remember” your entries as you move from page to page, or even when you revisit the site from time to time using the same computer.
We may also collect information pertinent to the marketing of our products and services. This information may include marketing channels, User Market IDs (CenterPoint, TNMP, etc.), Site brands and product names, contract terms, financial information and other information.
We collect and analyze this Technical Information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our Site, to evaluate how visitors use our Site and to provide you with advertisements that are relevant and useful to you, unless you have told us not to. We also use the information we collect to understand customer needs and trends, to carry out targeted promotional activities, and to generally help us make our Site more useful to visitors.
We may use your Site data by itself or aggregate it with similar information we have obtained from others. We may share your Site data with our affiliates and other third parties to achieve these objectives. You may obtain a list of our affiliates and third parties with whom we share your Site data by contacting us here.
We reserve the right to use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Site’s terms and conditions, or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Site, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Site’s users or the general public.
2. How we use your personal information
If you are a customer, an agent, an employee, or a job applicant, the Personal Information we hold and use is necessary for the performance of the services or independent contractor agreement or other agreement to which you are a party or to perform the services you have otherwise requested.
If you are a prospective customer, the Personal Information we collect and use is necessary for our legitimate interest in providing you with information about the services we offer, and about which you have expressed an interest or that we believe will be of benefit to you. Where appropriate, we will obtain your consent at the time we communicate with you.
In some cases, our purpose for collecting the information is because you have expressly consented to our collection and use of your Personal Information.
We collect your Personal Information for a variety of reasons. You may provide the information to us directly, or through a tool or product provided by us or another company to your employer (in the case of our business clients). We collect your Personal Information, such as name, address, email address, phone number, and credit card information in order to provide the services you have requested. Other examples of Personal Information that we collect include:
- From employment applicants, we or our service provider will collect contact and identification information, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date and place of birth, driver’s license number and employment history information;
- From travel customers, we may also request information such as your passport and known traveler information, vendor loyalty programs, and other information as deemed necessary by the service provider to fulfill your request, to permit us to provide other ancillary travel services to you and to manage your travel experience; and
- From business customers, customer relationship information, such as business contact information.
We use the Personal Information we have collected to allow us to evaluate your employment application, to provide the products and services you have chosen, process payments, or to manage and develop our business and operations, including:
- Establishing, managing and terminating business relations with you;
- Reviewing the products and services that we provide to you;
- Informing you of our products and services other than those that you have specifically requested;
- Informing you of products and services carefully selected third parties may wish to offer you;
- Responding to your comments or requests for information;
- Investigating and preventing fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the services and other illegal activities;
- Protecting us against error, fraud, theft, and damage to our goods and property;
- Enabling us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- For any other purposes about which we notify customers and users; and
- For any other reasonable business purpose to which you consent.
If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your email address to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. We may email you when:
- You have applied for employment with us;
- You request information about or from us;
- It relates to purchases you have made from us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.);
- You consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose;
- We are sending you information about our other products and services, offers, promotions and our newsletters, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. However, you will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (See the “Your Choices About the Use of Your Personal Information” section below).
3. Collection and use of personal data by third parties
We may share your Personal Information with one or several of our business partners to make an initial determination of the services you may desire, to process your employment application, or to otherwise facilitate our business operations. We also share your Personal Information as necessary with airlines, hotels and other providers for whose services you have requested our assistance. We may also share your information to protect and defend the rights and property of Company.
- EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS: We may share your email contact information with our partners to assist with marketing our products and services. You may unsubscribe from receiving future commercial email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of any marketing emails we send, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications in connection with the products or services you have purchased. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send Personal Information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email.
- TRANSFER OF ASSETS: We do not sell or lease Personal Information or provide a list of our customers to third parties. However, as we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- LEGAL NECESSITY: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, or our Site; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Site’s users or the general public.
4. Your choices about the use of your personal information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Cookies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
- Your Contact Information. If you have previously emailed us and would like us to delete your contact information from our files, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Other Information. If at any point you believe the Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, you want us to correct or delete that information, or you no longer want us to hold that information or contact you, you can Contact Us at the email address below.
- ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. We require you to keep us informed of changes to your Personal Information. If your registration information changes, please Contact Us at the email address below. We take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to honoring any such requests to help protect your privacy and security.
- ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: If you want to know what Personal Information we hold about you or wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date, or to withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Information, please Contact Us at the email address below. It may not always be possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. We do not control how our partners retain, store and destroy data they have accessed in connection with assisting with providing our services. You should check their websites for more information on their practices.
- DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES: Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, whether or not that reflects your preference. Providing DNT Notice is often touted as a means to ensure that cookies, web beacons and similar technology are not used for preference-based advertising purposes – that is, to restrict the collection of information your online activities for advertising purposes. Unfortunately, given how preference-based advertising works, DNT Notices may not effectively accomplish this goal. For this and a variety of other reasons, with respect to our Site, we do not take any particular action based on browser based DNT Notices. However, we do not use third-party advertisers or engage in behavioral marketing data collection for resale.
To make this Site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES? A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- To assist you in navigation of our Sites;
- To help you provide feedback to us;
- To analyze your use of our products, services or applications.
We use the following cookies and classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies;
- Advertising cookies;
- Analytics cookies;
- Performance cookies;
- Session cookies;
- Targeting cookies.
- COOKIE PRIVACY SETTING: When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
- TYPES OF COOKIES
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Site will then not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the Site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any Personal Information about you.
- Analytics Cookies: Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
- Personalization Cookies: Personalization cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
- Security Cookies: Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
- Site Management Cookies: Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
- Third-Party Cookies: Third-party cookies may be placed on your computer when you visit the Site by companies that run certain Services we offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the Site to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this Site may not work as intended. The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
- HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES: You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
6. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We have implemented industry-standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. To help ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your passwords and to your computer. Be sure to sign off and/or log out when finished using a shared computer.
We strive to safeguard Personal Information using methods that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information. In the unfortunate event that your Personal Information is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail or U.S. mail to the last e-mail address or postal address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We may delay notification as necessary while we take measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to our system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
Our Site is not directed to children. We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use of that information.
8. Third party linked sites
9. Sole statement
11. Contact us